New Reference - SG-OB "Stargate Open Baffle"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SY said:
:cop: OT posts deleted. This is a discussion about loudspeakers.

Indeed. But rather than performing a half-measure moderation (in this instance), why not provide a link for such a discussion in an appropriate section of the forum? That would actually be courteous.;)

(..feel free to delete at will, but please ascribe to the suggestion above; a suggestion no-less that is usually applied here at diyAudio.)

ShinOBIWAN said:
No need Scott, hope your keeping well BTW, it my post that was removed and yes it was OT.

Moderately well.. *really* in pitiful physical shape though..:D Way too much time sitting in a chair. (..and for a somewhat on-topic segue..):

I've stopped with loudspeakers for a while (and audio in general).. actual construction anyway. I wanted to get into the construction of a horn for the Neo 8.. but now thats gone (at least for a good-while). Reason: I'm packing most everything up for some different projects: helping my parents to get their home ready for sale (6-8 month process), then likely moving and overseeing the construction of their new home (for about a year). I'll still be doing some legal work during this time, but it will solely be focused on my family (i.e. a LOT of trust work). After thats all done I'll focus on getting back into much better shape and then from there roam the planet for a while (..something beyond North and Central America). You know, be a bum. :clown: :Of course thats if all goes to moderate "plan", you never know *what* life will throw at you.:xeye:

Its entirely possible that the next thing I "build" won't be built by me at all - rather I'll "farm" it out (based on my spec.s though). I figure life's too short and both my patience and skill for actually *finishing* a project just isn't up to my own critical standard. (INSERT (Dirty Harry line): "..a man's gotta know his limitations".) I've had the basics of the project's idea down for some time (not a Neo 8 horn base), you know an "ultimate"-type "desert island" design.:D (If you have any desire to p!ss away a serious amount of money and want the details then let me know.:devilr: )

Anyway, good to "hear" from you and I hope all is well. I seem to remember skimming something about a hand injury? Eh, if so don't tell me about it until its good (..bad news just sucks).:D

..as to the comment made to SY

- sorry SY, I didn't realize it was such a limited infraction (not really worthy of a link). I thought it pertained to the recent "Magnetar banning" - something that appears to have caused a bit of "hub-bub" on various threads I've recently skimmed through. I figure such a thing is best left to my part of the world "a.k.a Texas" :D, but with directions for those concerned.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.