New proud owner of Aleph 5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very cool looking amp you made there.
Problems always come up either because of mistakes or because not enough experience. I have made alot of things till now but I still make mistakes on the way I shouldn´t be doing. Its fun anyway.

Take the ground from the big caps and pcbs off the rca plugs and put those grounds on that screw on the chassis. also gather the grounds from inputs and send them also to that screw.
You should have no hum after that.

This is what I meant.
This is the perfect solution but maybe not so practicle. If soo than see my next photo.

Attachments

• ground01.jpg
    ground01.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 657
Hi Boris
The problem is that you have your chasis grounding at the bottom of the chasis and not near the input rca terminals. Another problem is that you have separated your input terminals - left channel is at the left side of the chasis and right on the right. Because of that you can not have short grounding cables that will connect rca plugs to the chasis and to the star ground..

Maybe it would help to put your chasis grounding (star grounding screw) in between those input rca terminals (on the rear of the chasis) and not at the bottom of the chasis where you have allmost 35cm of wire from input gnd to screw.
We will discuss that at the phone- but first let the guys on the forum tell what they think about that suggestion.:clown:
regards
daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.