NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Project Completed

I have completed my DIY Projector.Lots of Thanks to This Forum of BUDHI. I have to wait to acquire all the parts but at last I finished it. Shortly I will attach some Pics of my projector.
Thanks again to ALL for micro level discussion here.

I got LCD-SUPER 9.8" from Crowford market Mumbai at Rs. 4500/-.It is worth as I got LCD TV as well as Computer Monitor within this cost. I will also attach name & adress of shopkeeper who provide me LCD. :smash: :wave2:

lenses

Friend Harish there is a shop in or around Delhi University area.But the main problem is that they wouldnot entertain us much.So i would suggest you better order LL or 3D lens for the entire set up to prevent unnecessary hustle.That cost me around 5500 when the $ price was 44 or thereabout.

diy projector

Thank Umesh for your kind suggestion.

but i want to know what is the import duty should i pay because fresnel lens is about $17.00 and Triplet is about $30.00 from Lumenlab. and i am getting it from delhi is about Rs.1500.00 fresnel lense 290mm from chandni chowk and Triplet is about Rs.1600.00 from Prince Optical Shop No. 24, Main Road Malkaganj, N.D that total cost me 1500+1600=Rs. 3100/- you are saying Rs.5500/- that means it is Rs.2400/- much costly.

could give me detail pls...:whazzat:

Harish

9" LCD

Mr.Bijay

I am staying in Bangalore, Whitefield. I would like to purchase the items similar to the details given in your message. Kindly let me know if your PJ is working well

Thanks in advance
Rajesh

I have just started working on my PJ. The raw materials are

- Super 9" LCD with VGA Connect - Rs.4500
- 290 mm Frensel lenses from Optics, Bangalore - Rs.450 each (2nos)
- 319 mm Triplet from Optics, Bangalore - Rs.1600
- Osram 150 W MH lamp with local Blast - Rs.1000
- Cardboard for the housing - Rs.260
- Effort - value priceless

More updates will follow once I get this setup!!

- Cheers!

hi,

i am writing on this thread after many days. i am starting with my project all over again. trying to use different light sources. my LEDs and CFL based light sources have failed (not miserably but i will have to wait for more powerful ones). before i use conventional MH lamp, i want to try out something different.

Planning to use ATX powersupply. i can run 2 fans, one LCD and 12V bulbs on 1 ATX 400w supply.

what i am planning is to use two 12V 100w headlight bulbs which give out white light( temp 5000k). available on e bay or many auto stores. so that gives me 200w output. but i don't know how many lumens it gives.

costwise seems feasible. ATX powersupply 400w rs 500, 2 bulbs rs 500.

can someone tell me where i can get IR blocker?

jaudere said:
hi,

i am writing on this thread after many days. i am starting with my project all over again. trying to use different light sources. my LEDs and CFL based light sources have failed (not miserably but i will have to wait for more powerful ones). before i use conventional MH lamp, i want to try out something different.

Planning to use ATX powersupply. i can run 2 fans, one LCD and 12V bulbs on 1 ATX 400w supply.

what i am planning is to use two 12V 100w headlight bulbs which give out white light( temp 5000k). available on e bay or many auto stores. so that gives me 200w output. but i don't know how many lumens it gives.

costwise seems feasible. ATX powersupply 400w rs 500, 2 bulbs rs 500.

can someone tell me where i can get IR blocker?

Hi Jaundere,

Even if the atx power supply claims having 400w output it may noy be entirely true. I had a bad experience with an Iball 400w power supply , as you near the 150w mark there is a significant drop in the output voltage. 12 v becomes 10v. IMHO dont waste any more money in alternative light sources. You will never get total satisfaction. If you consider the perfomance / price/ efficiency/life balance the best light source for our application is metal halide.

regards,
Gitesh

hi javed

thanks for the help. do you have phone no. or address of that acroplast ltd?

i had used Miyota 6" LCD. it claimed to give some 920 x 240 res.
was very easy to strip it. did it in 1 hour even though i am not a techno man. unfortunately it got short probably because i did not handle it properly and no body could repair it.

just watched 2 songs in a very dim light when i had used CFL (2 x 30watt) and LEDs (100 of 10mm LEDs) combined.

cost was rs 2800. got it from lamington road. will have to search for new one now. i will try manish market.

LCD

has anybody thought of using 2.5" LCD for source?
it is available as portable MP4 player with video in line. JXD brand.

thinking of trying it.

got something called TV lens. it is a cylinder with diameter 5 inch and height about 8 inches. have to find an LCD smaller than that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.