New Project - Hybrid Amplifier High Quality

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Schematic

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    40.6 KB · Views: 374
After I assembled (point to point,not yet PCB complete) with this circuit it is not good.
Bandwidth is limited(-2db at 20khz,-5db at 40khz with load 4 ohm/20W # 12.6Vpp)
Reason is not enough current to driver MOSFET at high frequency + not negative feedback.
Because input capacitance of the lateral mosfet about 600pF
At frequency 40khz input impedance of Lmosfet only 665 ohm # 36mA input current for two lateral mosfet.:mad:
Tube have not enough current to driver(Ia max #13.5mA).
So I decided add a driver stage using mosfet (to increase the input impedance).
I choose driver 2SK214+2SJ77(160V,500mA,30W) of Hitachi (renesas),very easy to buy.
After I change,it had better(-0.5db at 20khz,-1db at 40khz,-2.5db at 70khz with load 4 ohm/20W # 12.6Vpp) :spin:

The change circuit for this project.

Attachments

• v1.GIF
    v1.GIF
    21 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
In last the post,i miscalculation, Fcut # 320khz. If you choose 300R=> Fcut >450khz

In the circuit NFB or circuit lager bandwidth very easy to oscillation.I choose gate resistors is 820R/470R also for this reason and it not affect the bandwidth of the sound(20-20khz)

In the document you share.I do not know why Ciss of P chanel(900pF) larger Ciss of N chanel(600pF),but gate resistor of P chanel(240-330R) is larger gate resistor N chanel(190-210R)?

Attachments

• vs.GIF
    vs.GIF
    44 KB · Views: 255
Yes,it is not much affected to the extent can be distinguished by ear but the measuring may be realize the difference.

Some carefully designs they use one driver for one mosfet.Although the theory is not necessary because Ig is too small(at high frequency Igmax is tens of mA),while each driver can provide hundreds of mA?:spin:

Some designs they trying to reduce harmonic distortion as low as possible,but many other design they trying to increase the harmonic distortion.:confused:

For me,I'd harmony between technology and art in my design:D

1200pF (two pairs) are about 7kohm @20kHz...not really bad for a tube buffer direct drive :eek:

1800pF is 4,5kohm @20kHz

Swap the triode and the pentode. Use the pentode for drive the FETs, and triode section for voltage-amplifier.

Triode mu is 40, so you can easy obtain 20-25gain with classic common-cathode. ;)

1200pF (two pairs) are about 7kohm @20kHz...not really bad for a tube buffer direct drive :eek:

1800pF is 4,5kohm @20kHz

Swap the triode and the pentode. Use the pentode for drive the FETs, and triode section for voltage-amplifier.

Triode mu is 40, so you can easy obtain 20-25gain with classic common-cathode. ;)

Thank your comment

I will be testing this change in the next versions.
Now,I sent file layout to the PCB manufacturer should not change.

Regards,

You have to consider the capacitance, I use the el84 or now the 6N6P to drive, I use dc coupled to mosfet design.

some people still think that tubes can drive mosfets easely, but maybe it is better to use 6AS7 if you use multiple mosfets, it is important to have with bandwith for high quality output.

I did tests with these tubes but for liniarity she need 80 ma bias, a little to much for bias pot mosfets.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.