New Pass Integrated? Nelson holding out on us?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GRollins said:
Surely there's enough information here that you could cobble together a pretty decent DIY version with any amount of power you like. Use UGS-ish front end, then a volume control, then an output stage.
Add salt to taste.

Grey

Lets see, preamp gain stage + volume + output = integrated! Wow, why didn't I think of that? Cause I was thinking about switching the inputs?

Well I'm kind of kidding but the point of this thread was not to get helpful insight into how to build an integrated, but rather to see if anyone knew about this particular integrated, and if not, to inform people that such a thing could be coming out soon.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lgreen said:

Well I'm kind of kidding but the point of this thread was not to get helpful insight into how to build an integrated, but rather to see if anyone knew about this particular integrated, and if not, to inform people that such a thing could be coming out soon.

naah......... who cares for Papa's new amp ...............
:devilr:

I told ya all before that only Heaven (and maybe me-tnx to my secret connection in Pass Labs) knows what Papa will bring at BAF ............

:rofl:

GRollins said:
I know I'm losing brain cells, but I thought we already knew about this integrated amp.

Grey

Grey you are correct! Your brain is properly intact. :)

-David

Attachments

• pass-integrated.jpg
    pass-integrated.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,778
Nelson is building kid-friendly audio equipment!

The heatsinks look interesting...Nelson seems to have traded the higher efficiency of vertical fins like my favorite KL-271 profile, with a sexier, safer to lift-from(no sharp fin edges to rip you hands), slanted horizontal fins. If you run a FlowTherm sim on the KL-271 you see the benefits of the chimeny effect between the vertical fins when they are 2” off the ground. A free pump to aid heat and mass transfer.

Re: Nelson is building kid-friendly audio equipment!

LineSource said:
The heatsinks look interesting...Nelson seems to have traded the higher efficiency of vertical fins like my favorite KL-271 profile, with a sexier, safer to lift-from(no sharp fin edges to rip you hands), slanted horizontal fins. If you run a FlowTherm sim on the KL-271 you see the benefits of the chimeny effect between the vertical fins when they are 2” off the ground. A free pump to aid heat and mass transfer.

Mass transfer. I wonder if it will eventually float away. Nah.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well, as usual there's a story.

We have a rule here that anytime we respond to requests for
product, nobody - particularly the party making the request -
will buy it.

So of course when we decided to give in to distribution requests
for an integrated amplifier, I commented "Fine, we'll do it even
though nobody's going to buy it."

Naturally as a result we have suddenly found ourselves heavily
back-ordered.

:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.