New Member with lots of pics..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well it's not audio material but I made this a little while ago for my room.
DSCN0370.jpg

I made it from hardwood floor pieces and stainless steel rods that I had laying around.
I sanded the clear and varnish off of the pieces and restained it.

Very nice work all around. I do hope you get into the custom install market for audio equipment. Your skills are impressive for an old timer, much less someone who is only 19.
By the way, did you build that A/V stand to hold your TV and stereo, or to hold a car engine. That is some serious construction.
I also a newbie here. I only wish I had half the ambition and construction skills you do.

Peace,

Dave

Welcome...

Luda..
Welcome to the forum..I thought I reckonised(sp?) that car, I worked on Hondas for 14 years in the States...Your construction skills are quite admirable (Read jealous) , A point on the trunk mount amp..perhaps you could fabricate a cage to protect your amp..it seems the trunk tends to be the messiest part of peoples cars & all it takes to mess up your amp is somebody to carelessly toss something heavy inside.
Another would be weather exposure....ever open your trunk in the rain??? Your mount is down low where water could collect...it is not suppose to but I have found six inches of water sloshing around in those Honda trunk cavities...I recall a drain-hole at the bottom...more accurately a plastic plug at the bottom...so it stays "sealed" at the bottom...take a look and scratch your head OK?
Hondas are excellent cars & your 98 Lude is among the very best of the lot...however if some trunkseal or lower back-glass seal lets go..... you amp may not survive....given where it is mounted.
Perhaps you could fabricate a positive drain...with a draintube????
___________________________________Rick.............

It's actually pretty high. About 7-8" above the lowest point in the trunk (spare tire well).
There's a carpet that goes over everything, you normally can't see anything there (there's hardboard under the carpet).
I actually resealed and cleaned all the gaskets and seals, including the taillight gaskets.
I also don't really care for the amp aesthetics. I bought it rebuilt and it had scratches all over it. I just want the sound :D

Lude..
Cool...Your shot was looking thru the rear seat "hatch"..got disoriented..Its' just that I've seen that cardboard panel get all soaked, soggy & warped...but if you feel comfortable with it its' all good.
Got pictures of your head unit?
The photobucket link won't let me thru!
_______________________________________Rick.........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.