New Linear Audio publication!

Had wondered yesterday, if any of Burkhard's circuitry could be used to lower the output impedance of Scott's part one microphone amplifier.

Actually, wonder if this modification shown below would work with Scott's phase splitter.

(Just anxious now that I have parts and needing to wait for the next issue.)

Attachments

• ps.PNG
    ps.PNG
    21.1 KB · Views: 269
This is better. I may play with the values and try.

Look forward to volume three.

That looks better. Watch out for the very different DC bias points top and bottom it will limit the output swing a lot. AC coupling can be used, remember the input bias R for the FET's can be huge like 22Meg so good film caps are not as expensive.

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Come and chat with me!

Just an update to my whereabouts this fall (2011):

First I'll go to Burning Amp festival in San Fransisco, that'll be on 1 Oct.

Then two weeks later I'll be at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver, starting Friday 14 till Sunday 16 Oct.
I'll share a booth with Bob Cordell in the main lobby.

Then it's off to NY for the 131st Convention of the AES. Starting Friday 21rd till Sunday 23 Oct. Again, I'm joining Bob Cordell at the McGrawHill booth # 755.

If you are in the area and have a chance to see us, please do come by and have a chat! Of course I'll have issues of Linear Audio for a discount, as well as a new publication still under wraps but it's about power amps. Or get Bob's book (RMAF and AES) signed by the man himself!

jan didden