• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

new layout for LFA 50A

Hi,
I have not yet completed this LFA-50 amplifier but I already have the circuit boards. I made the boards myself - with an iron. I made the boards based on scans/copy of an article found on this forum https://zelfbouwaudio.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24300
The files are of good quality, much better than those circulating mostly on the net
The boards I already have, the resistors too - mostly. Original control transistors too - soldered out. The final ones I'm planning are Toschiba 2sa1932/2sc5200 or ON MJL1302/MJL3281 replacements.
2sk146 ( if I remember correctly - I don't have the schematic in front of me) I also have - original soldered out.
Only I foresee problems with the BF transistors - those I don't have, I will use replacements or keep looking.
In general, this is one of several projects that are going simultaneously therefore progress is slow.
Are you planning to build this amplifier or have you built one?

94B2FECE-62A9-4816-99E9-C933D5F7B1A1.jpeg

I bought a used integrated amplifier built with 2 LFA-50-OA power amplifiers. I am considering restoring the device, but first I wanted to ask someone who has experience with this amplifier. Is it worth the time and effort? What is the sound quality? I really like the device in terms of design.