• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

New home made S.E amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all. Wel I have finally done it and finished a pair of 10wrms per side S.E mono block power amps. The sound is absolutly to die for. I am very happy with them. See what you think and post a comment if you want. I have'nt taken a pic of both of them, but you get what they look like. I will post some more pics soon as I learn more of this camera.
Thanks to all for there help.
andrewe1

Attachments

• power amp.jpg
    power amp.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 721
re:amp

The amps are running (in each mono block) 3x KT 88's (or 6550's if money is tight) 1x 6SL7 1x6BM8 and 1x6SN7. there are 4 tranformers in each block. The mains transformer running 2x 400 volt rails and two filament transformers. One for the power tubes and one for the other tubes. Finally, there is one output transformer in each block. It is a One Electron 1600 ohm single ended transformer in which the power tubes run. I will post schematics soon as I can. Thanks for the interest.
andrewe1

Re: re:amp

andrewe1 said:
The amps are running (in each mono block) 3x KT 88's (or 6550's if money is tight) 1x 6SL7 1x6BM8 and 1x6SN7. there are 4 tranformers in each block. The mains transformer running 2x 400 volt rails and two filament transformers. One for the power tubes and one for the other tubes. Finally, there is one output transformer in each block. It is a One Electron 1600 ohm single ended transformer in which the power tubes run. I will post schematics soon as I can. Thanks for the interest.
andrewe1
Congrats on your amp, and I'm glad you like it. If I may ask though, why so complicated?

Re: re:amp

andrewe1 said:
3x KT 88's (or 6550's if money is tight) 1x 6SL7 1x6BM8 and 1x6SN7
If you hadn't specifically said they were SE amps, I'd have thought they would have been some sort of KT88 PP amp with a regulated supply. It's a lot of valves you've got there.

I would be very interested to see a schematic to find out how these valves have been put together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.