New home brew amp module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, it does appear to be lower than pure copper.
Good link, nice chart! That may helpful: ) I'm not sure about % of copper, it was part of a finished and polished sign of stand out symbols made of a gilding brass I assume😕, probably high copper but really it is the realitive mass of the material that aids in keeping a safer limit on peak temperature rise, at the expense of higher average temperature, of which does not affect these devices. I think being able to use a larger surface area for the mica insulators is a big advantage. If I could get pure copper shims, coated or gold plated:D, that would be awesome. As it is, scrap metal IS cheaper. :D. In all, so far, I have not had a problem with overheated transistors as long as they are tightly mounted. Driving it till it blows is one of the tests I intend to perform.😎

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.