New guy's first tries.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm just getting started in DIY electronics, and have you *all* to blame...er, thank!

What a great place you've built here. None better.

I'm nearly completely ignorant about all this (made some PSs for gadgets, etc., but nothing as fun as this), and yet...

They work (...I'm as surprised as you are!)! In fact, they sound great to me. I've just found a new addiction...

I can't thank you all enough.

Eric Kuehn

pic

Let me try this pic thing again...

Attachments

• burn-in.jpg
    burn-in.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 341
I can understand your :D but you should think about the golden rule in all electronics: Keep wires where they belong, power cables together and signal cables together and output cables together. Power circuits radiate magnetic fields (which other cables pick up) and best possible performance do you get with short cables, compact solutions and power and signals well separated.

BTW: Welcome to the best DIY Audio forum in the world :nod:

I'll try...

Most of the wiring I have done involves vehicles. It is a bad (at least for audio) habit of mine to want to loom up and tuck away *any* loose wire (what if brush catches it?... Or, a rock pinches it against the frame?).

I have no doubt as to the skill of the people who built my PSA gear, but every time I look inside any of it... I am nearly overcome by an urge to "fix" it up *real* good. :)

This leads to a few questions:

If given only one choice, should I try first to separate the wires, or arrange for a 90deg crossing?

Should I twist the signal wires only, or all pairs?

Is there any reason I shouldn't pot my GCs? If not, favorite compound?

A testimonial to the way you folks put this site together:

I have always felt welcome here, even as a curious lurker. It's good to hear it from you, though.

Again, thanks.

E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.