• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

Control and voltage board!?!?
What's that for? Do we still need external power supplies?

The seperate output-stage board might be a nice approach. It'd perhaps allow to add another output stage in the future. We discussed this earlier. That's potentially quite nice and (hopefully) keeps the solution flexible.

I guess there won't be a need for a Kali or any other isolator board or similar!?!?

What I also like with this approach is its flexibilty. Perhaps there'd even be a chance to swap just the DAC chips (Q2M->Pro) and still use the other boards in the future.

Obviously all that will come at a cost. The Audiophonics ES9028Q2M
sells at 129€. And the Ebay ES9038Q2Ms at 40$.

Lets see how that will look for Katana. :D

Control and voltage board!?!?
What's that for? Do we still need external power supplies?

The seperate output-stage board might be a nice approach. It'd perhaps allow to add another output stage in the future. We discussed this earlier. That's potentially quite nice and (hopefully) keeps the solution flexible.

I guess there won't be a need for a Kali or any other isolator board or similar!?!?

What I also like with this approach is its flexibilty. Perhaps there'd even be a chance to swap just the DAC chips (Q2M->Pro) and still use the other boards in the future.

Obviously all that will come at a cost. The Audiophonics ES9028Q2M
sells at 129€. And the Ebay ES9038Q2Ms at 40$.

Lets see how that will look for Katana. :D
Hello ES9038Q2Ms 40$ from ebay has quite weak LPF differential single ended buffer, i guess thata katana will be different league, PRO chips are power hungry ...ES9028Q2M is worse against 9038q2m for SQ