• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

This device was developed by me for comfortable conducting experiments with separate power supply. Jumpers can flexibly switch power 5 and 3.3 volts. Also through these pins, you can apply separate power to Raspberry Pi and HAT.

Attachments

• CBv2.jpg
    CBv2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 533
  • CBlow.jpg
    CBlow.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 529
  • CBv2-LOWprofilel.jpg
    CBv2-LOWprofilel.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 518
  • CB-Pi-HAT.jpeg
    CB-Pi-HAT.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 523
Hi, I like your box. I think you should use LAN connect to a wifi router for your remote purpose. And use 3 linear psu for Raspi 5V, 3.3V and 1.8V. I use Mezzanine board for this. And you could try Salas Ultra BiB 1.3 for output board like me. There are tips to improve sound quality I learned on this 4rum.
Hi marudo, you are not lucky because a lot issue. Now I fix all the errors and no more reassembly Katana and Pi. I think Katana and Allo team should take times to make a higher level of DAC. Too many error for a new product.

Last edited:
Hi, I like your box. I think you should use LAN connect to a wifi router for your remote purpose. And use 3 linear psu for Raspi 5V, 3.3V and 1.8V. I use Mezzanine board for this. And you could try Salas Ultra BiB 1.3 for output board like me. There are tips to improve sound quality I learned on this 4rum.
Hi marudo, you are not lucky because a lot issue. Now I fix all the errors and no more reassembly Katana and Pi. I think Katana and Allo team should take times to make a higher level of DAC. Too many error for a new product.

what to do anthon..

Never had any issue with my digione and usbridge..

I finally have my 4 Linear (3 physical units, one has two halves) hooked up to the Allo Katana DAC with Isolator board.

I could not get the player to work at first. I kept getting ALSA and MPD errors. I flashed a the SD card with a fresh install of Moode 4.4 and still I had the same issues.

This is what I had to do. I have a DIY board based on the LT 3042 Voltage Regulators. This is powered by a 6 volt dual winding toroidal Transformer. This board has dual halves so you can use it for the low amps boards. I am using it for the Katana DAC and the MC board.

I had to power up the board is this order to get the unit to work.

1.) Katana Dac Board
2.) SQ output board
3.) MC Board
4:.) RPI Board

I have wires soldered to the MC board underneath and I also have wires soldered underneath the RPI board. I am NOT using any of the USB inputs.

I did wait like from 15-30 seconds between powering up the boards.

The unit is playing into my powered speakers and later tonight I will hook it into my tube amp.

More to come.

I finally have my 4 Linear (3 physical units, one has two halves) hooked up to the Allo Katana DAC with Isolator board.

I could not get the player to work at first. I kept getting ALSA and MPD errors. I flashed a the SD card with a fresh install of Moode 4.4 and still I had the same issues.

This is what I had to do. I have a DIY board based on the LT 3042 Voltage Regulators. This is powered by a 6 volt dual winding toroidal Transformer. This board has dual halves so you can use it for the low amps boards. I am using it for the Katana DAC and the MC board.

I had to power up the board is this order to get the unit to work.

1.) Katana Dac Board
2.) SQ output board
3.) MC Board
4:.) RPI Board

I have wires soldered to the MC board underneath and I also have wires soldered underneath the RPI board. I am NOT using any of the USB inputs.

I did wait like from 15-30 seconds between powering up the boards.

The unit is playing into my powered speakers and later tonight I will hook it into my tube amp.

More to come.

MC side takes almost 1A..lt3042 are rated at 250ma unless augmented by a mosfet

Jrocker,

You are correct. I have a military Linear regulated +/1 15 Volt PSU powering the SQ board. Tonight I listened for the second time and I am so amazed at the musicality I am having.

The Ball LF's seem to be going down 1-2 octaves. The unraveling of complace such or classic music is a joy. The resolution is better, the separation of instruments and vocals is better. The vocals are clear, I can fellow them better than ever. Across the board, the music is better and that is what matters most.

Please note: 4 supplies - he has a separate +/-15 VDC power supply powering the Sound Quality OpAmp board.

So, no - the micro controller load is no where near 1A on the LT3042.