• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

@cdsgames
Will this DAC work with Roon? I'm guessing using DietPi and adding the Roon Bridge support would be enough?

It's the maintainer (of a distro or app) who's in charge to integrate a DAC, respectively its driver and features.

Bottom line. This is the wrong place to ask! You need to check with your distro maintainer.

However. I do know that Allo provides many of the major distros and maintainers - if they ask for it - with prototypes/test samples supporting the integration work.

Allo is not in the position to force anybody to integrate anything though. That's in the power of the user. ;)

Enjoy.

Soundcheck , DOP is just to switch DOP off not synch vs asynch

OK. Thx. I guess that remark will end up in the manual than. We discussed it earlier offline.

Yeap I am aware of the power and and connections but there are multiple things to take in consideration and choices we had to make. Still I will keep in in mind.

Yes I know. And I do appreciate that you offer several powering options already. And I am not saying it's all that bad.

However. I do not really buy your "choices to make" excuse. :rolleyes:
JTAG/Molex mix? Plus USB-C in the mix? And then we have uUSB for the PI?
And no soldering power pads or GPIO pins!?!?
All this makes integration work for many of us a little more complex. Some of us then will also try to find soldering tap-off points again, thus will have to mess around on the boards . I'm just saying. ;)

Hi Soundcheck

will try to have a doc ready for soldering points in the next dew days

Testing was completed in the weekend , it all checks from 0Khz to 20Khz Wednesday the latest we will send new review samples. Shipping will start from Thursday the latest. (Eu and international)

We are ready to go. Manual will be updated with feedback received .Thx you all for your patience .

ps. One of the reviwers is Amir from audiosciencereviews

Hi Soundcheck

will try to have a doc ready for soldering points in the next dew days

Testing was completed in the weekend , it all checks from 0Khz to 20Khz Wednesday the latest we will send new review samples. Shipping will start from Thursday the latest. (Eu and international)

We are ready to go. Manual will be updated with feedback received .Thx you all for your patience .

ps. One of the reviwers is Amir from audiosciencereviews
did you rework the 200 katanas+sparkos?

Some software packages will have settings pages to automate changing mixer controls, as well as saving or restoring.

Set from command line
sudo amixer -c Katana sset "Master" 100%

Or you can adjust all of your controls and DSP settings using alsamixer

Then to Save settings use
sudo alsactl store Katana

Restore settings after boot use
sudo alsactl restore Katana

Regarding PSU , from a pure THD+N we cannot see a difference powering using SMPS of LPS...however we can certainly hear one . I recommend a SMPS for RPI , IFI (or any low noise) for Katana , SMPS (or low noise) for Microcontroller (since this is what most folks have). Our filtering was made for worst case scenario.

Of course if you use LPS on all powers , SQ will improve..

Regarding vouchers , sorry but Katana is already low priced. You get a lot of DAC for the money ..we do appreciate your support but going lower is hard.

We shipped the first batch of Katanas today and we can make about 10 units a day. Right now there is a waiting time of about 5 days (from moment you place your order). We are doing everything we can to speed it up but manually programming each board and trimming DC offset takes time. Thx you for being patient.

Regarding PSU , from a pure THD+N we cannot see a difference powering using SMPS of LPS...however we can certainly hear one . I recommend a SMPS for RPI , IFI (or any low noise) for Katana , SMPS (or low noise) for Microcontroller (since this is what most folks have). Our filtering was made for worst case scenario.

Of course if you use LPS on all powers , SQ will improve..

Regarding vouchers , sorry but Katana is already low priced. You get a lot of DAC for the money ..we do appreciate your support but going lower is hard.

We shipped the first batch of Katanas today and we can make about 10 units a day. Right now there is a waiting time of about 5 days (from moment you place your order). We are doing everything we can to speed it up but manually programming each board and trimming DC offset takes time. Thx you for being patient.
Thanks for the detailed information.

For RPI and microcontroller power supply, if we use powerbank of 5V 2A instead of SMPS, Would it help to achieve better sound quality compared to SMPS?

Please advise.

Regards,
VB