• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New e-shop for DIY and electronic tube made in Switzerland

Complete Module Driver and Power with DHT 6B4G

Hello everyone,

There in some time, I realized this development and this card gain for Power single-ended triode 6B4G.
Since these objective performance was considered excellent, it continues to be a hit with music lovers and DIYer.
Subjective for their performance will of course be related to the quality of the output transformers used and the power supply. (Preferably based tube What else!)

I present the module in a few lines I present below:

This compact card (100 x 160) offers a full floor mono power. It uses a famous triode 6B4G a comparable type 2A3 in a single-ended configuration and one ECC88 ECC81 or a cathode follower configuration bootstrapped.

This configuration offers many advantages such as wide and very low distortion bandwidth. The results are tuned up to the great musical qualities of the triode.

In addition, many features of the card, and it also includes the power to the cathode of the power triode. It uses fast recovery diodes (35ns) in TO220 (16A) followed by a smoothing capacitor, a regulation (of course adjustable) and perfect decoupling and a low output impedance.

It also has all the necessary quick and easy connection connectors. No son to weld!

If need more info. Do not hesitate.

Photos and information in French in my Blogg:
Pilote &puissance Single ended 6B4G

Also note that you can check the thread below for information, diagrams and additional notes:
MATCH 6B4G Sovtek_ 6C4C Nos - ELEKTOR

Important information: Please note that this is not a kit, I did not realize that indicates what documents or welding and soldering, it is much too complicated. I book more readily complete modules, welded, cleaned and tested, simply connect with the elements annex but no less important as the power supply, and of course the TRS.

To a lesser extent people with experience may have PCBs and using diagrams and pictures it is relatively simple to achieve complete assembly without errors.

Best regards. Tony

Last edited:
Hello Palustris,

Just because of DIYaudio can not include pdf files type and it is not easy to include files.

In addition, photos or documents that can be included on diyaudio are incommensurate very limited inclusion in the headings.

The diagram of the driver is not just available, it is of course part of the added value of this module. It does not make it a secret, but it preserves a minimum the research and developments that I realized.

the driver is a cathode folower Boostrapped, it can be achieved with ECC81 or ECC88.

If need specific information, you can contact me and I'll make you directemnt send additional information.

Best regards. Tony

quelques images.

Attachments

• Carte drive_Power_6B4G.JPG
    Carte drive_Power_6B4G.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 539
  • 6b4g_1.JPG
    6b4g_1.JPG
    402.2 KB · Views: 534
  • 6b4g_2.JPG
    6b4g_2.JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 527
  • 6b4g_6.JPG
    6b4g_6.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 521
  • Fly_Pilote_Puissance_6B4G.pdf
    167.9 KB · Views: 106
Hello The Gimp

Unfortunately the documentation complete and too large to download.

As explained above, I reserve the exact values ​​of the driver to maintain a minimum value of this module.

There is no secret to, so I'm sure some people mastered the topic will be able to find good values.

I post the diagram driver without exact values and the diagram of the 6B4G power.

Best regards. Tony

Attachments

• Raccordement_6B4G.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Schema_Pilote_V2.pdf
    14.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Schéma_Power_V2.pdf
    53.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 6B4G_RCA.jpg
    6B4G_RCA.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
Best driver and Power 6V6 By Officina

This compact module offers a full power mono. It uses two tetrode 6V6-GT in push-pull configuration and ecc81/12AT7 in configuration cathodyne bootstrapped.

This simple configuration allows an optimized control and gives very excellent performance and sound results. The PCB also has all the necessary connectors for easy and fast connection. No son to weld!

Our choice for the power tube 6V6GT was done according to several criteria, namely: its own distortion, low internal resistance, durability, and especially the great subjective quality sound registry.

On the other hand, we have also focused on designing special care choices and overall layout of the components, as well as routing tracks masses.

There is no doubt that tube in place in sound reproduction and we have adopted.

Depending on the option selected command, the card comes with or without coupling capacitor. (with = MUNDORF Mcap 1uF/800Vdc)
We recommend the best output transformer for this Application:
The VDV 8020PP by Meno Vanderveen, or the japanese product by Haschimoto : HW-15-8 or HW-25-8.

Of course other output transformers can be used !

Here is a short video of Officina modules in Swissonor devices !
Swissonor AM6221_Inside - YouTube

More Photos and information in my Blogg:
Pilote & Puissance Push-Pull 6V6

Best Regards. Tony

Attachments

• 6V6_SCR.JPG
    6V6_SCR.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 274
  • 6v6_Marconi.jpg
    6v6_Marconi.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC00225.jpg
    DSC00225.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC00397.jpg
    DSC00397.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 241
  • Fly_Pilote_Puissance_6V6.pdf
    164.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Schéma_6V6_V2.pdf
    36.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I have always steered clear of any valve with "GT" on the end of the number. 6L6GT for instance is a lower grade 6L6GC likewise a 6V6GT and all others that I have used over the last 45years. If you look at the jpg's above, the photos of the 6V6;s in pic2 are far better quality and build then the GT versions shown in pic3. Larger envelope than the GT types etc. I rest my case. Don't be fooled by flashy looking finished PCBoards with glossy capacitors that look nice on them, looks are nice but not always functional or cost effective. Take an educated look at the schematics. If you are not sure, ask. We are here to help and advise, so don't get ripped off.

Again two models Nos. 6V6 type G (Bottle)
I personally use the Westinhouse Our ​​models or models with JJ 6V6s-Electronics. I considered his last as the best in the market today.

Best regards. Tony

Attachments

• 6v6_Mullard.jpg
    6v6_Mullard.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 6v6_westinghouse.jpg
    6v6_westinghouse.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hello TheGimp,

The decoupling of the cathode can be made ​​6B4G full Polypropylene, for this it is planned location on the pcb (above / below) instead of 2 x 2 x 10uF or 22uF (this part is very large)

If necessary, you can choose to perform this decoupling with only one chemical capacitor 100uF or 220uF/160Vdc

It is a choice !

Remark: In the first photo, the decoupling is a mix with a 10uF PP / SCR and chemical 100uF/160Vdc.

Last edited: