New DIY project

69stingray,

The plots I had at my disposal were the following:

1. The manufacturer's plots.

2. Free air plots, simulated, provided by Solen's software, X-over 3 pro, free of charge. No bass extension, no passive effect.

3. In-box plots, including bass extension and passive effect, simulated with BassBox 6 pro, using the driver's Thiele-Small specifications. These plots were almost identical to those of Unibox and WinISD, which were both actually a little more optimistic.

As for the ACTUAL response, I currently do not have the equipment to measure it, and I'm still not done with tuning, sorry.
However I do have a frequency generator, and I do hear that gut-liquefying 20hz very well. As best as I can tell, the current F3 is around 21hz, which at less than 2 hz away from predictions, is pretty good for a first shot. Yet more fine tuning can still be done by tweaking that weight inside the passive radiator.

As for the higher spectrum drivers, I can say this: piano sounds divine nowadays. :angel: And the sound definition is now so acute, I've actually discovered minute imperfections within some music I've been hearing for decades.. and yet my last speakers were no junk. So my hat goes to Vifa and Solen.

cheers,
Fp.