• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

new ChipAmp.com website - LM4780 kit and more

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Well, construction of the LM4780s is well under way, and they are very nice boards. I have no problems with recommending them to anyone. As soon as I get the output resistors, (possibly sooner if I can't wait), then I will be firing them up and will give my observations.

However, a small recommendation for Rev B, it would be nice if the main caps were moved slightly out, so you could get to the screws to fix the chip to the heatsink, or the caps moved back so you can get a thick clamping plate in to hold the chip down. As it is, you just have to put the PSU caps in after fixing the heatsink. Not a major problem really, but I think we all want these to be perfect! :)

pinkmouse said:
However, a small recommendation for Rev B, it would be nice if the main caps were moved slightly out, so you could get to the screws to fix the chip to the heatsink, or the caps moved back so you can get a thick clamping plate in to hold the chip down. As it is, you just have to put the PSU caps in after fixing the heatsink. Not a major problem really, but I think we all want these to be perfect! :)

That is true, the caps preferrably should be installed after the chip is mounted to the heatsink. But this design decision was made only because we wanted those boards to be perfect;).

Moving the caps away (and increasing the board size) would be a sort of compromise, and less than perfect layout. Even as it is now, with a proper screwdriver and Panasonic caps (which have smaller dia than BGs), it is still possible to mount the chip with the caps onboard.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Joined 2002
My e-mail server is down today, so if mails get returned, try sending them again in a few hours.

As for the order status, all current order have been shipped out, with the last batch of LM3886 kits and LM4780 kits going out this morning.

I now have the parts for all of the kits in stock, and am still accepting orders on the website:
http://www.chipamp.com

Now that I am caught up with the kits, I will put more time into getting the instruction manuals finished.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.