New-building of my B1 buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Babowana said:
The tail current through R10 is (16.57V-8.49V)/2K7 = 3mA.
that is the current through R10, not the tail current of the LTP. A large proportion of the current through R10 goes out the base of Q3. The remainder is what is conventionally called tail current.

In most LTPs the base currents are so small that we can ignore the it and look at either emitter current or collector current to see if the difference amplifier is balanced and th see the operating current that each transistor should be selected for.
Your schematic values are so skewed, that convention does not hold any longer.

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
AndrewT said:
that is the current through R10, not the tail current of the LTP. A large proportion of the current through R10 goes out the base of Q3. The remainder is what is conventionally called tail current.

Objection!
Tail current is tail current. Whole current flowing through the tail.

AndrewT said:
In most LTPs the base currents are so small that we can ignore the it and look at either emitter current or collector current to see if the difference amplifier is balanced and th see the operating current that each transistor should be selected for.

Yes, most diff pair is balanced, having the same character and seeing the same base voltage with respect to the dc current.

AndrewT said:
Your schematic values are so skewed, that convention does not hold any longer.

Absurd . . .
I have built and measured all :cool:

>:)<

Hi everyone!

I have built a B1 like Babowana's. Used his lay-out from page 1 of this thread (thanks Babowana for publishing!). I got the left channel working and from what I hear it sounds like it would be nice to hear the right channel too...:)

One way or another I can't get the right channel working... Is gives a light humming sound and very faint in the distance I hear some music. I checked the wiring but maybe I'm going blind or something... I don't see a mistake...

Since I'm only doing this as a "kit-builder" I'm afraid I need some help...
The underside of my "fröbel-work-pcb" looks like this (Two wires on the topside is the LED):

(Edit: picture too small,I'll post a bigger one)

Bigger picture of the underside...

3459689050_145f4fb13d_o.jpg

I bought Leeuwarden's B1 (see just above here) and it works fine but I only use the first quarter of the pot, and because I am not (NOT) an electrowizzard I want to know what value I should choose; I use a 10KOhm now; would 100KOhm be better? And should I use linear or algo something type?
Ruudjoo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.