New build of Aleph P1.7 preamplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
folkeb,

not sure about the relvol3 failures being typical... i've been using a relvol3, input2 and con2 setup with my P1.7 for over 12 months now and they are still going strong. How have your relvol3's failed??

Any ground loops are the result of incorrect hook up between boards, not boards themselves. Wire all the boards with one connection to star ground, and only signal connections between boards and you won't have a problem with ground loops. My setup is completely silent.

If built and wired without errors (or faulty components) the dantimax stuff will work as advertised. I fried a controller chip early on by messing up the wiring, but once i had a replacement and corrected the hookup everything worked fine. I've also recently had a problem with a faulty encoder after 10 months of use, which Mikkel very kindly replaced even thought it is strictly an Alps manufacturing defect.

cheers
Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.