New box for Alpine SWE-815. Which way should it point?

Hi all, I bought an active subwoofer, an Alpine SWE-815, and am using the components in a wooden box I built, but am not sure which way to fire the 8" sub.
Here are some photos of the install location. It could fire right, left, or forward toward the cubby door / seat.

Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20240404_150618470.jpg
    PXL_20240404_150618470.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20240404_150717798.jpg
    PXL_20240404_150717798.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 27
That's a very unusual vehicle. I can't even make a guess. That's a small enclosure, if you have no trouble building another enclosure of MDF, build one that you can replace the front and side panels easily and experiment. It may not be worth the effort if you're not really curious.

Have you tried to find a forum for that vehicle where they would have some experience with installing sub enclosures?

some photos of the install location.
Blessings on you. BUT, is there even any air path out when the seats recline? Those panels behind the seats seem like they would seal it off, whence the subwoofer will not work very well no matter which way you point it. I have a sub in a Jetta trunk and if you don't open the armrest ski pass-through there just isn't bass. Maybe you need to work on some kind of spacers and latch extension so those panels are always somewhat open when you're driving around...and I'd point the subwoofer across the car towards the passenger side, to give the best chance to "breathe." That's just a gut feel.