• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

new batch of mini Aleph amplifier and PSU boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, R0 is for dropping the LED.
I sent you the spread sheet that Brian used to post in his old diyamp website. That should give you a good ideas what can be used.
For example, the R0 value is for an Aleph 30 which has 25VDC rail. I wish I used a different value for my mini. I have a very dim LED :)

pchw said:
Yes, R0 is for dropping the LED.
I sent you the spread sheet that Brian used to post in his old diyamp website. That should give you a good ideas what can be used.
For example, the R0 value is for an Aleph 30 which has 25VDC rail. I wish I used a different value for my mini. I have a very dim LED :)

Would it be too much trouble to post the spread sheet here in this thread. Others might find it interesting and valuable.

Thanks,

Michael Percy has just about everything you need to build these with high end parts. It actually wont cost much more than regular parts. Most resistors are only .45-.65 cents and the power supply caps are under $5 for 10kuF 35V Nichicon KG Gold. The Black Gates get a bit pricey compared to Panasonic FM but OTOH its not a LOT. I have not got my quote back from him yet, suprise suprise, but I am betting something around $100. Could be in for a suprise of my own I suppose :)
Uriah

You leave them out. I have built a number of these and feel the only real upgrade you will notice is the using simlic caps and you can buy those from digikey. These amps are such little gems, I build them for my graduating nephews they love them. I actually have 5 built up for surround channels for my home theater.

Bill

Hi -

I want to make sure I'm ordering the right thing (no pix links of order form). I need 2 of the PS boards like in the first post of this thread. Is the LAST item on the order form (it's called "Amplifier Power Supply PCB") the correct item to order???

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Aleph & PS parts list with prices.

Hey Guys,

I took the Parts list for the channel boards and also the one for the Power supply that was posted and I've combined them into one excel file with prices per DigiKey. I did it for my own use but figured I'd post it here for everyone who wants to know costing of parts etc... for the Aleph variants.

Copy of mini-A 2.xls

Sorry for the pop ups from that site does anyone know of some better free file hosts.

Last edited:
Thank you very much!

-joe

Hey Guys,

I took the Parts list for the channel boards and also the one for the Power supply that was posted and I've combined them into one excel file with prices per DigiKey. I did it for my own use but figured I'd post it here for everyone who wants to know costing of parts etc... for the Aleph variants.

Copy of mini-A 2.xls

Sorry for the pop ups from that site does anyone know of some better free file hosts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.