New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Well, you asked for it... I made a new version that accepts balanced inputs and uses the same input circuit as the Aleph 30/60.

The board is 0.1" wider

I can't take screenshots here very well, so I created a pdf from the gerber files with Pentalogix Viewmate and attached the pdf. The pdf shows both layers, green = bottom layer, red = top layer

Any comments?

--
Brian

Attachments

• minia-balanced.pdf
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,558
Joined 2002
kilowattski said:
Brian,

Thought you were away this weekend. Must have brought your laptop. ;)

Exactly.. I am still away now in Pennsylvania, but I brought my laptop, and had a chance to use the net at my uncle's house.

Here is another picture of the layout, taken the same way as the previous shots:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
Joined 2002
Billc said:

Thanks. Here is a pcb with output boards attached to it to form a pcb set:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The thicker pink lines indicate scoring, so the board can be broken apart. (as far as heat dissipation, they would have to be broken apart for larger powered amplifiers)

The resistors on the output boards are 2 - 2w resistors in parallel, which deviates from the single 3w resistors used in the production Aleph amps.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
rabstg said:
Hi Brian-

Would the pwr supply board from the LM3886 kit be sufficient for one channel of this?

The boards look great, and I would like to maintain the elegance through the pwr PCB's also..

I have a new power supply board that I created for this, with more capacitance. My current idea is stay close to the service manual schematic, with 2-3 - 35mm snap-in caps per rail, and a single bridge rectifier, created with discrete diodes.

If the power supply boards are small enough (2 caps per rail makes them reasonably sized), then they could be added to the pcb set. I think that a single pcb with scoring could be created to accomidate 1 main board, 2 output boards and 1 power supply board.

As far as a CRC/CLC setup, nothing has been created yet. Any suggestions for implementation?

--
Brian

BrianGT said:

As far as a CRC/CLC setup, nothing has been created yet. Any suggestions for implementation?

--
Brian

Make the pwr PCB set up for 2 caps and have the traces end on each side of the caps with plated through holes.. If CLC is desired then jumper with coil. If no CLC then short with wire.

Attachments

• clc.jpg
    clc.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 2,626
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.