New 8'' wide range speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New 8" speaker

Wish I could help you, and myself, out but I am not well off either and am not knowledgeable enough that any comment I made would impress anybody else. Having said this, given how difficult and expensive, it is to source good quality speakers in Australia and New Zealand would it be possible for one of our traders here to look into these?

Yeah I know, its easy to spend other peoples money. Something needs to be done though to improve the situation for hobbyists in these two countries.

I first became interested in building my own in New Zealand in the early seventies but virtually nothing was available. I looked with envy across the Tasman where at least units that appeared to be reasonable were available at good prices. Most of the companies that sold them have now become electrical supermarkets and though I have moved to Australia I find the situation is the same here as it used to be, and still is as far as I know, in New Zealand.
jamikl

Guys, what do you think about cobalt magnet in magnetic system?
I think it will be better :confused: . What can u say?

Attachments

• c1.png
    c1.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 530
seems like folks would want field coil motor - especially if price can be kept reasonable, and the range of available qts is noted along with diy power supply build detail and typical battery life (and charger diagram) - - - does alnico draw more customers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.