Need suggestion for 6.3V-0-6.3V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Not knowing much about this, what do you all suggest for me to do in order to remedy the hot running problem with the transfomer. Thanks.

Unless it is scorchingly hot, absolutely nothing. Just make sure that you only have a single point grounded in the filament circuit. A rise of 60C over ambient (assuming 20C ambient, derate at higher ambients) is acceptable as long as it is not easily touched, if it doesn't burn it's not too hot. Now if it is buzzing loudly and distractingly that would be a good reason to replace it. My experience is that those transformers run pretty warm, but hardly ever fail.

As I said before, you need to give full info if you want an informed answer. Run it under its normal load for 15 minutes and measure the temperature.

Then post the exact circuit and verify it to make sure it's the same as your schematic.

Then post the measured voltage and current, at the transformer secondary, under that load.

When you do all that, you'll get the correct answers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.