Need subwoofer wiring advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Carshateme, that's right, this is a Do It Yourself audio forum. Buying cheap, distorting kilowatt amps driving crappy one-note "sub" (which most of them aren't, by the way) woofers, throwing them in a car, and pounding out a lot of high dB noise in my opinion has little in common with really doing it yourself or audio. I'm old fart that has been a Rocker since the early sixties, I do like to occasionally crank up the volume, but with some common sense. I've never understood how anyone can tolerate music so loud and distorted that it hurts your ears, that kind of crap sends me running from the room. If you really want to be a true "do it yourself" audio fanatic, you should learn about electronics and circuit theory, and actually build something. I also recommend playing some real MUSIC and actually listening to it, sorry but pre-programmed sythesizer noise blasting from a crappy audio system at excessive volume levels doesn't qualify as music. I beginning to wonder if the younger folks today even know what music is.

'Nuff said, old curmudgeon signing off.

Mike

Carshateme, that's right, this is a Do It Yourself audio forum. Buying cheap, distorting kilowatt amps driving crappy one-note "sub" (which most of them aren't, by the way) woofers, throwing them in a car, and pounding out a lot of high dB noise in my opinion has little in common with really doing it yourself or audio. I'm old fart that has been a Rocker since the early sixties, I do like to occasionally crank up the volume, but with some common sense. I've never understood how anyone can tolerate music so loud and distorted that it hurts your ears, that kind of crap sends me running from the room. If you really want to be a true "do it yourself" audio fanatic, you should learn about electronics and circuit theory, and actually build something. I also recommend playing some real MUSIC and actually listening to it, sorry but pre-programmed sythesizer noise blasting from a crappy audio system at excessive volume levels doesn't qualify as music. I beginning to wonder if the younger folks today even know what music is.

'Nuff said, old curmudgeon signing off.

Mike

I really got to hand it to you...you really are old school. I laugh at just reading this. Just to verify, I already build stuff, I'm a computer technician, and going to college for audio tech, electrician and auto mechanic...but I just started school..after finishing my own degree. But since you're "old" you really can't judge on what younger people think of as music...you can't even imagine the music... and yes I'm now targeting on you as a person because...even though I tried to sway it away...you just kept bringing it back. Please don't comment unless you got something positive to say or advice that would HELP my system not hate on it. Unlike you, I have a strict budget. I have just enough side money from paying all my bills to buy the stuff I want. And PS I'm don't like waiting 2 yrs to save up my money for a "Main brand" speaker system that an off brand can out pound for less money.

Thank you for reading. -Steve

What gives here?

Mr Bean and Mr. Piping GSR, you need to quit your b!tching and go some where else with that BS. You're not helping him with his question about config/wiring so why stay here and continue?

I was trying to research on the DVC 6 OHM set up as well and came across this forum.

I bump old school Rock like Grand Funk (oh yeah), Jazz, RAP, Hip Hop, Techno and my Fav. BASS tracks ( hate sh!tty hick country and heavy metal). I try to always be respectful to cars next to me with kids and elderly or even if I see some one clinching but bump everywhere I go and if I don't forget I turn it down in residential areas for sure, other than that my system's will make you crawl under a rock.

Make no mistake, Audiobahn's are not weak, if you've never heard any good ones then that person probably didn't know how to hook them up right.
I've had Audiobahn, MTX, Orion, Fosgates, Kickers, Pioneer, MA, JL and for the cost and SQ I went back again with Audiobahn.

Sorry to come down like this but both of you are beating on this guy just looking for advise, he didn't ask if you like Rap or Audiobahn.

PS. I just purchased the 2 ALUM10J DVC 6OHM. Will b powered each by a HiFonics1000D Mono 4/2/1OHM Amp.
Haters gonna keep hatin.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:cop: guys please settle down a bit on the personal stuff. To each his own when it comes to what type of music they like.

Warnings about hearing damage from old folks should not be ignored by young folks. I have tinutus which I am sure is due to too many loud school disco's in my youth. It doesn't worry you now, but it will when you are older :)

One of the loudest systems I had was an audiobahn 700wrms 12" sub but it was also in a tiny saturn with a nice fosgate amp and it would start stinking eventually and I would have to turn it down so it definately wasn't handling the 700wrms I was throwing at it but man it was loud for one 12 haha. Tinutus does suck I'm only 29 and I have it and I have to sleep with a fan on medium just so I don't hear eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol.

Oh my whole set.up changed I ended up getting two more audiobahns and a hifonics hif2000d amplifier. Im going to be selling one audiobahn andputting three in a ported box at 1ohms... Im looking back at this forums and laughing at how stupid this question was. Been going to school for audio and learn quite a bit...and still learning. But once I get this box done and everything looking good ill post some pics

Oh my whole set.up changed I ended up getting two more audiobahns and a hifonics hif2000d amplifier. Im going to be selling one audiobahn andputting three in a ported box at 1ohms... Im looking back at this forums and laughing at how stupid this question was. Been going to school for audio and learn quite a bit...and still learning. But once I get this box done and everything looking good ill post some pics
haha very nice keep up the good work :)

One of the loudest systems I had was an audiobahn 700wrms 12" sub but it was also in a tiny saturn with a nice fosgate amp and it would start stinking eventually and I would have to turn it down so it definately wasn't handling the 700wrms I was throwing at it but man it was loud for one 12 haha. Tinutus does suck I'm only 29 and I have it and I have to sleep with a fan on medium just so I don't hear eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol.

lol. yeah, I'm partial deaf...was born with it...so my hearing aids mute anything over 110dBs...so I don't hear any of it =)

Just got box done, gonna upload the pictures here now. Hope you all like it. I ****** up on the port, but I'll fix that....well I can't, I'm just going to see how it performs.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.