Need some Revelator mid-bass system design suggestion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well you can check out some of my pics of my project.
I have recently started my approach to a hi end DIY project, I have taken some pictures of this project, but they are not nearly finished.

The elements are:
SS D2904/9800
SS 15W8530K00 * 2
in a D'apollito configuration.

SS 25W8565 - 01 Woofer

Pictures will be added here:
http://194.248.247.76/hifi/projects

Some other pictures are here: (other stuff, and for sale stuff)
http://194.248.247.76/hifi

I will add information when I have finished the project. This will be information regarding crossover values, box volume, measurements etc. For now I am only playing with a "test" enclosure (particle board 19mm). It has no internal bracing, no damping, just an emty box with a rear port with Diameter 7.5 cm. I am doing some intensive testing on crossovers and values.
The crossover used (for now)is a AR-SXO with a 2. order LP for the woofer in parallell with the rest.

It sounds already just amazing. I wonder what I will expect when the cabinett is finished, and the drivers has broke in.
The enclosure design is a pyramid form.
H=120cm
W_lower=35 cm
W_upper=20 cm
and inner depth is 40 cm

this brings the total volume to approx. 100 l.

This is just a test enclosure. The total volume for the system is 100 L. a vented design. When it comes to the crossover, it is also a test to get the values I want. It looks like s.. and regarding the placement of the coils, whether they should be placed 90 deg. of eachother, I know about that, and of course will place them like that in the future.
Perhaps I will make the final design in 2 separate boxes or 1 box devided in 2 parts. With the upper part like a sealed box at about 20-25 l, and the lower at about 70-80 l vented. I think that will do it, so that the woofer don't interfere with the midrange.

This is just a copy-paste from a previous thread.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.