Need replacement part for Tek 466

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MikeB said:
Hello !

Is there anybody having a replacement tek-part "155-0115-00" ?
This is a hybridchip-amplifier for vertical deflection in a tektronix 466...
Seems not to easy to get this part ! :bawling:
The rest of the scope seems to be in perfect condition, so i would
really like to get it running again !

Any help would be great !

Mike

the only way to get some of these parts is to cannibalize another Tek scope -- this model will run anywhere from $20 to $200.

i was lucky to find a 5L4N spectrum analyzer plug-in "parts unit" -- lucky because the other one I had was missing the "miller integrator" chip -- cannibalization is one way to go -- much easier in the US than Europe as we have a huge surplus market with low shipping prices.

the prices of some analog scopes are so ridiculously cheap that you might just get another 466.

it's a pity too -- an analog scope will never lie to you, a digital scope often doesn't tell the truth.

The tektronix scope here in ebay-germany get quite high prices,
even the defect ones...
Especially the 466 storage-scope seems very recommended...
The one i got is definitely valuable, it has emi-shielding and isolated
inputs, means i can measure 2 channels with seperate groundings...
Also all the knobs, printings and so on are like new.
Otherwise i would resell it...

Mike

That is what I said: it is the same chip in these different scope types (465/465B/466. 7633 should have same too)

For caps: No, your method is not gving info about good caps in the way we need it here for this scope. If you want to make shure the caps are ok then you have to check for ESR . Do a google search .

Or look here : http://clientes.netvisao.pt/greenpal/evb1.htm

Buy one ESR meter and you will enjoy this as a VERY useful addition to your testbench.

hth,
Andreas.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.