Need project ideas to fit this chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Taj
None of the original amplifier section was saved, The output transistor PCB’s are mine.
I split the LM4702 and output stage so I could experiment with different output configurations.
The DC protection PCB is from the original amp.
I did not include short circuit protection on this output stage as it is low power and for Hi Fi use.

Greg

... finally found a decent balanced input for the LM4502 (or just about any other op-amp type amplifier).

The diagram has 100 to 1 gain = too much for our purposes here w/LM4502. If the 100k resistors are replaced with the suggested 58k resistors recommended by National, then the total gain becomes in line with expectations = :)

In the diagram, the op-amp on the right woulkd be one of the LM4502 channels ...

Also of esignificant interest to anyone playing around with op-amps: http://tinaja.com/glib/muse116.pdf ... tips and tricks with op-amps from a master

:smash:

Attachments

• balancedopamp.gif
    balancedopamp.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 151
taj said:

ZeroCool,

You're going to have to get over this. You have them over-valued in your mind. Original 4B's are not exactly revered in audio circles, especially here.

Contact a bunch of concert sound companies. I'll bet you'll find plenty of old original 4B's in their graveyard pile if they haven't already been dumped. They are considered boat anchors now and are often used to keep the trucks from rolling back down the hill or to provide extra heat in the hotel room. But like mine, they won't be pretty.

If you want to make me an offer for these, do so, but please don't make me out to be an amp murderer over this.

..Todd

hello tod still got that 52ib boat ancher?got 1 myself that need,s parts.if your still interested in selling e-mail me thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.