Need new artists to listen to - Inputs needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
rabbitz said:
For CD's that I can't source locally I find eBay is my friend and have been able to find all the ones I was hunting.

I've not bought CDs on Ebay, but I have bought styli a couple of times, mostly to see how it would go, and it was hell. Having things shipped here by someone reliable usually ends up costing almost as much as the product itself. I'm talking about tracked parcels 'vanishing' en route and stuff like that. Sheer hell. I vowed to never do it again unless I really, really, really need to.

Jan, I like a lot of the music you listed. So you might want to listen to Kate Bush and Dire Straits, ofcourse:) I have both of them complete, on CD and Vinyl;) Especially Kate Bush is a great experience, you can peel of layers in her music for everytime you here it! It's getting deeper and deeper for every listen! I started a thread once on Kate Bush:) Have a look here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71159&highlight=

Steen:cool:

Hej Steen,
And thanks ;)

Thanks for your input, but both Kate Bush and Dire Straits (all albums) are in my collection . I was a fan of both since the very beginning.....

I've just started to listen to the older Bob Dylan albums, and find them quite interesting ;) Like earlier David Bowie albums, which I haven't listen to for two decades ........

Free, Bad Company, Peter Frampton, The Who are some that come to my mind immediately.
Free´s "allright now", the Who´s "who´s next" are some of my favourites to name a few.
Great guitar, probably the best vocals out there IMHO.

T-Rex, Marc Bolan do some cool stuff although not everything is to my taste.(direction glam rock).

Cream is some of the best stuff Eric Clapton ever did.

From the newer bands you might like "Jet".
Their first album "get born" is another of my favourites.
Sounds "older" than it is.

If you go for slower and more calm stuff as well
try Paul Weller "stanley road", "days of speed" (brilliant acoustic album)
Jackson Browne "looking east", "solo acoustic"
or Ray Lamontagne.

happy listening
Jens

Do you have the BBC Led Zeppelin set? Live and very raw early Zeppelin.
I wonder if one can still get that?
I am missing that one in my collection. I only have "How the west was won" I dont think there was a lot of live recordings with them. Jimmy Page found the recordings and footage for "How the west was won" a few years ago. The recordings were more or less considered lost. Luckily they were found again.
The first 4 Led Zep albums are some of the greatest rock albums ever made. I often find myself listening to especially their first. It has a tremendous high quality all the way through. Funny it still has such an appeal, somehow it doesnt even sound old.
There are many good suggestions in this thread, Jimi Hendrix and Black Sabbath were the other big favourites back then:)
If you want to take a look at something a bit different, you could take a look at John Mclaughlin. He made some great stuff, often acoustic music. Its partly Jazz territory though. Pretty absorbing music, and not what you hear on the hitlist's, thats for sure.

Steen:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.