Need help with small passive sub for motorcoach theater system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well the sub is finally finished and running. I tried to increase the volume as much as I could based on the cabinet it fits in, and as luck would have it, I ended up making it .5" too tall. So I had to take apart the cabinet door frame to get it in. Not a big deal but a little trouble.

I had it built out of 3/4" MDF then covered it with black ash vinyl wrap. It was my first attempt so its not perfect but hidden away in the cabinet it is fine. I put in one front mounted port and also added some foam inside of the bo as dampning. At first it was a little too boomy so I added some foam in the port and tried a few combinations until I got it where I liked the sound. It turned out pretty nice.

Thanks everyone for your advice !!

Now that gave me just enough confidence to want to move on to something else in the home system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.