Need Help With Early 60's Transistor Radio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
65blkbkgt said:
I have a cap meter I've never known how to use (if you can imagine that). It's a nice one made by Tenma.

that is the brand i have if you don't care if you take the other radio apart take one out solder so small wires on the legs and on your meter there should be two slots put the range on the lowest uF setting and insert the legs in the meter and see what you get the measure the one on the bad radio and compare

crs1 said:

that is the brand i have if you don't care if you take the other radio apart take one out solder so small wires on the legs and on your meter there should be two slots put the range on the lowest uF setting and insert the legs in the meter and see what you get the measure the one on the bad radio and compare

crs1 said:

i know i have over 1000 chips around here been there done that got the t-shirt

The lowest setting is 2UF. Then it has a black wire and a red wire with different slots on the bottom of the face of the meter.

Okay........I'm old enough to know that it's time to go to bed and digest the information you've been so generous in sharing with me.

I'll be back at it tomorrow and test that cap with the meter and let you know the results.

I hope you won't mind if I ask you questions (like ****loads of questions). Like "cycle the tuner"?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.