Need help please with Shanling CD-T80

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Are the basics OK ? If you manually turn the sled away from the rest position at disc centre does the sled then return normally on power up and/or opening and closing the tray. Can you see the lens perform a focus search operation for the couple of seconds after closing the tray ? The laser light during that search operation is very difficult to see on some pickups but worth looking for non the less.

Beyond all that and you are down to real faultfinding.

OK, an update on my "no disc" issue.

After trying 4 different VAM1201/1202 drives, I finally found one that worked!

I did manage to initiate an email dialog with a tech at Shanling (although sometimes I wouldn't receive a reply for months - patience is a virtue!).

There appears to be a healthy counterfeit market in Philips VAM1201/1202 optical drives. Each of the 4 drives I bought had different pin layouts in the connecting ribbon?

So I'm now happily listening to my Shanling once again.

With the upgrades (opamps, tubes and caps), it sounds like vinyl! Well worth the effort.

The true problem is about yourself. You should not have chosen an expensive Chi-fi. There are so many choices from Japan and UK. Everything in China is fake. They can sell you ALPS potentiometer cheaper than an international wholesaler can offer! :D

Your USA distributor is actually a China immigrant selling counterfeit gears. Your Shanling gear may be only a China local clone of their own Shanling which in turn is a clone of an original UK or Japan gear. The electronic parts inside your fake Shanling is actually clones of the original parts from USA or Europe. The name badge of your gear is bought from a Shenzhen DIY market. The technical support whom you contacted is mostly a fake engineer which are hired by the fake Shanling manufacturer. This fake engineer bought his graduate certificate from a market store and so on for the whole China story... :D :D

My Rotel RCD-865BX Limited Edition is still working very well. :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.