Need easy to use schematic program thats up to date

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need a easy to use schematic program like LogicWorks 4(with is way out of date, I'm making more symbols than schematics :( )

I've tried:

TINYCAD
PCB123
WinQcad
ExpressPCB
Eagle

These are the ones I found on the fourm or google and all of them seem way too hard to wrok and some of then you can't find anything in or it takes hours to make a very basic sechematic.

Is there any programs that you would suggest?

Thanks in advance.

http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/kicad/

Kicad is a set of four softwares and a project manager:

* Eeschema :Schematic entry.
* Pcbnew :Board editor.
* Gerbview :GERBER viewer (photoplotter documents).
* Cvpcb :footprint selector for components used in the circuit design.
* Kicad: project manager.

With the project manager, Kicad, you can choose or create a project and launch Eeschema, Pcbnew, ....
This electronic workbench is free of charges and is open source (GPL). It is useful for everybody working in electronic design (schematic diagrams and Printed Board up to 16 layers).

Bit of a learning curve involved (understatement). Can run it local or from a server on a network . On Windoz it does not install into the registry, so uninstall is done by deleting the folder. Burn your functioning Kicad folder to a cd and put it on any other computer. Open source(free, good thing). Upgrading newer versions as it gets fixed is problematic beyond comprehension.
The user group is not much help for learning anything, mostly gearhead gossip about Linux flavors and their Kicad problems.
The local moderator does not tolerate any criticism of the software, be careful when posting.
Don't trust the default print box. Get PDFCreator from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
for accurate printing.
BTW, there are no easy to use schematic/pcb programs.
But Kicad is better than the ones you've already tried.
And the price is right.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.