Need amplifier construction advice (PCB/Soldering)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And btw regarding the other schottky diodes that are mounted parallell with some resistors on the back it seems like the anode is supposed to be towards the FET.

Now the only question remaining is regarding the inductor that I winded.
rBYGA.jpg

Does it look okay? If so I'll wind the other inductor tonight in the same way as I did with this one.

I'm not sure why they would design the board where you have to tack stuff on like that. Maybe is isn't right? Are you going by a schematic or do they have assembly instructions? Regardless you will want to power the finished product up with a variac with a DBT inline. It takes milliseconds for damage to occur.

I'm not sure why they would design the board where you have to tack stuff on like that. Maybe is isn't right? Are you going by a schematic or do they have assembly instructions? Regardless you will want to power the finished product up with a variac with a DBT inline. It takes milliseconds for damage to occur.

I'm not sure either, but many people have asked in the 41hz forum and apparently they are supposed to be mounted like that. Don't ask me why the board is designed that way.
Not going my a schematic, I can't read them :p I have no assembly instructions either. I just have the BOM and drawings of the board with the part numbers.

What is a variac with a DBT inline?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.