NEED ADVICE: controlling Mini2x4 volume when using digital inputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The guys at miniDSP were kind enough to offer a free repair for my fried old (V1.3) 2x4 board but I have managed to repair it myself. The fault was on a dual Schottky diode. Now it is up and running.
Just on time (yesterday I received a miniDIGI and a miniStreamer so there’s work ahead :) )

George

Attachments

• miniDSP current cons.JPG
    miniDSP current cons.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
hi would like to ask if there is some progress for the initial question: "onboard volume control connections (as outlined in the 2x4 manual), but I would like to control the volume from where the rest of the stereo components are located. To do this I would run a 3-conductor cable from each speaker to a "volume control" unit that I would build. One speaker supplies the DC 3.3V source, which is varied in the volume control using a linear pot. The wiper output is returned to the 2x4 volume control pins in both speakers, so that they are controlled simultaneously. At this point it looks like this is the approach that I will use."
has someone tried something like this with pot > A0>> to arduin_:eek:) >D3>output to minidsp volume control pin ?

PWM_to_Analog2.png
the orignal text says : The maximum voltage at output now seems to be 3.4V which seems to be in spec for that chip.

would like to use it with arduin_:eek:) code

void setup () { }

void loop () {
analogWrite (3, analogRead (A0) / 4);
}

any better ideas ?
thanks timmi

@ timmi,

Using a PWM signal that is low pass filtered is indeed the easiest way to go and what has been done many times already (i.e. arduino/pic...).

We're 3.3V though. Not sure why this is showing 5V on this diagram. You wouldn't need an amplifier.

DevTeam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.