NAIM Audio NAC 82 (NAC82) - looking for Service Manual or Schematic

"Does Supernait 2/3 sound better than v1?"
I would hope so, although both of them look somewhat cheaper made. SN3 is supposedly better than sex and Polish sausage ... so they say. As many people bought them as those who got Kef LS50. Dozens of them are for sale as well.
Never heard either and in my SN1 only preamp and dac is working so I can't fully ***** it except that the preamp section is not bad but not something special either. I mentioned before glossy (or glassy ) high frequency. It is not harsh or offending , it's just has this steely tone. The other issue to me is that midrange is slightly grey but you know this as well. I can't say if this is Naim signature because I have no experience with their better kit. I have a hunch I will ruin it with mods and adds on.
All the demos of Naim based system on audio shows in US were criminally bad. Nothing could be assessed from those demos except the disbelief the brand has cult following in it's own country and far beyond it. Fact that some bought anything Naim based on the sound which butchers who sell them in US were offering to public I can't explain it. Plastic based woofers like your Harbs may be less problematic with this sound signature.
For some reasons I would be wary to meddle with upper echelon Olive gear but with mid-priced (not cheap by any means and more expensive than upper olive gear ) I have no reservations. They will never be collectible in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
I say it again: to keep the Naim to it's performance use Kemet T356 tants. For the alu caps use good Nichicons and it will sound excellent.

If you have deeper experience with Naim modding you can of course tweak further (using small films for bypass etc.), but if it's owned by somebody else I would keep it as original as possible.

If you don't like the Naim house sound you will not like it even heavily modded - in that case it's better to sell it and buy an Accuphase 😉

Otherwise it would be a pity for the Naim which is really in a beautiful condition...

If you want to learn Naim modding get a NAC102 and tweak it to death: after that you will know how to "improve" a NAC82 :cool: