NAD preamp 1240 distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Thanks for the update and the good news, Mark. DIYs and enthusiasts everywhere will appreciate this, if they haven't already discovered where you are. Let's hope you have a little time to continue with some projects or articles, however small, in the future.

Good morning SS4927

I found a post where you are reworking your NAD 1240 preamp. What did you use as a replacement cap on your bass control. 0.68uf .

I'm trying to recap the entire preamp and that value is the hardest one to find i don't know if there's anything other to replace it with any help would be most appreciated thanks in advance, Robert.

:cop: All caps is a violation of forum rules (Shouting) - changed capitalization. Please don't do this in the future. diyAudio Moderation

NAD 1240 PREAMP

Thanks got it covered with a polypropylene film capacitor just waiting on the mail.

What about the Opamp NJM2043D does anybody know of a good replacement I understand I hear of the LM4562.
Can someone help me with this.

Sounds pretty good with my leach amp
but I'm figuring with the faster slew rate of a nice Opamp may pump things up a bit more.

How about the jfets 2sk363(GR) I have a couple matched 2sk369(BL) just after the opamp to clean things up...lol

I replace all the polyester caps to polypropylene.
And all the electrolytics to Elna silmic ll .
Bumped up the power supply from I think it was 330uf to 1000uf each rail.
And bridge rectifier.

Any additional information or help would be more than appreciated.

I wish I had the knowledge of a lot of you guys here I'm usually in the background but I'm usually pretty good about reading drawings and applying what skills I have to them to have a decent outcome but do not have the engineering understanding in implementing redesign.
Thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.