NAD 214 schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That sounds great, can you please e-mail it to me?

That is exactly what I am doing. I am replacing all of the output transistors and populating the ones left out on the 214. I have also replaced all of the power supply caps with MUCH better and higher capacity models. I went from 9400mF per rail to 30000mF per rail. I have a few other mods planned, but wanted to check out the schematic before getting too far into it.

Thanks for your time,
Donovan

Hi there,
I'm very happy to find this forum and especially this thread! So glad to have found the nad214 schematics on your website ACD - however does anyone have an easier-to-read copy? I'd like the service manual also, if possible!
If you have either, please send to: PhilNad214 AtGmail dotty com (sure that's understandable ;-) ).

I have two dead nad 214 amps...

The first 214 suffered some water damage a few years ago, but the only problem was (when turned on) a 'whistle' for a few seconds as it warmed up. But gradually it developed some white noise. I sent it off for repair and several $100 later is appeared fixed... but noticed the 'soft clipping' circuit was on - after switching off I found the problem was still there. After about a year the amp gave up totally and it blows the fuse whenever turned on. Any suggestions as to where to start looking?

The second 214 died just recently (it had always worked faultlessly) - when I switch it on there is no click from the protection relay, so I guess there is something over a threshhold somewhere. This is whether or not any line-in or speakers are connected, or the soft clipping or bridged switches are on or off. Any suggestions?

Lastly, I studied as an Elec Engineer at uni, but I rarely tinker with electronics (other than building the odd off-the-shelf kits). However I'm willing to give it a go! So my first questions re. the 214 schematics may seem basic (so please bear with me) - sections like the power supply: the -67v rail - I assume this should be -67v even under load? But it must have a bit of variance - what is reasonable? Also for other test points in the schematic - what variances are acceptable when the system is or isn't under load? (These may be questions the service manual cover?)

Many thanks in advance,
Phil

dead NAD 214 amp

I need this service manual and schematic too. Can someone please forward a copy to john_willick {at symbol} hotmail {dot} com?

Mine powers on, and I can hear the music faintly if I crank the pre-amp all the way up. Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks folks. I love this place...
-John

Fantastic FlexQ, you're a gentleman and a scholar.
I haven't seen anything come in yet. If you've tried already, it might have been that the filesize limitation on hotmail is 10Mb. If the files are bigger than that, i also have another free account here:
john.willick {at} gmail {dot} com
This guy's limitation is a little better but still 20Mb.

Hi everyone here!

I have a nad 317 amplifier which i just repaired (ceramic capacitor blown in the supply which blew the fuse ) I did it without the schematics but i'm still interested in a copy of the 214 as the amps are the same except for my integrated pre-amp.

can somebody send me a copy?

Thanx in advance!

mies-70 said:
Hi everyone here!

I have a nad 317 amplifier which i just repaired (ceramic capacitor blown in the supply which blew the fuse ) I did it without the schematics but i'm still interested in a copy of the 214 as the amps are the same except for my integrated pre-amp.

can somebody send me a copy?

Thanx in advance!

Drop me your email, and i will send it to you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.