MyRef RevD - successor to RevC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After I built the LF01 and LF07 modules (both with a SOIC-8 LM318m opamp driving a Class-A output stage integrated into a single board that plugs into a DIP8 socket), I found that the improvement in sonics was good enough that I did not investigate the Rev D topology further.

However, it's probably still worth looking at disabling the internal darlington LTP of the LM318 and using a premium low-noise Japanese transistor like 2sc1845 for an external LTP, and replace the current source for the LTP tail current with a high-quality resistor, to gain some tanh character. This would ideally allow both transistors in the LTP to operate under the same conditions simultaneously, which should be beneficial to sonics.

Hopefully, I'll get around to trying this out eventually.

Sorry chaps, but I can't find the MyRef_C or Rev C original circuit diagrams. Where be they? Search found lots of interesting material including how not to get electrocuted, but I must have missed the diagrams. Regards George
The original thread where all have begun (and where you can find the original diagrams) is here:

My "audiophile" LM3886 approach

While here you can find a detailed technical description of the project:

MY_REF technical description

Modern, up-to-date information and new evolutions of the project can be found here:

My_Ref Fremen Edition - Build thread and tutorial

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.