• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

my_ref revC group buy (Mauro Penasa LM3886 design)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a short announcement.
We will ship to you if you are not in the USA. Thats fine and we are glad you are here to share this wonderful amp with us.
Mail will be registered and insured and if there are extra charges associated with your country's import taxes these will obviously be your responsibility.
We need to make sure you get your boards and components and that we can track them if there seems to be some sort of problem getting the mail to you. Group buys need to be safe for everyone involved to work :)
Thanks guys,
Uriah

We are 1/3rd of the way there !!! We now have 34 requested kits !

100VA is a little small, even for monoblocks. I guess they will work, but you will ideally want something in the 250VA range. Also, 2x24V is the output voltage, but there is some flexibility there (22-25V is okay).

Antek sells a 300VA toroid with a 2x25V output for $36.

Parts Connexion sells stereo Alps pots in 10K, 50K and 100K varieties. Which of these would be suitable for making an integrated amp with this kit?

pete

This is going very well today!
I think thats 42.. lets count

bacood_2000 x2
warp_foo x2
Coreyk78 x2
SRMcGee x2
troystg x4
samsagaz x2
widman x2
billyk x2
korben69 x2
tube-arama x2
bandol83 x2
erikdebier x2
Joshua Adams x6
helfred x2
vglaso x2
Dxvideo x2
nvrgdenuf x4

Nearly halfway there!
Thanks guys. Remember to mention this thread on other threads you are active in. It helps you get your cost lower and your kits faster!
Uriah

widman said:

Antek sells a 300VA toroid with a 2x25V output for $36.

Parts Connexion sells stereo Alps pots in 10K, 50K and 100K varieties. Which of these would be suitable for making an integrated amp with this kit?

pete

I used that transformer for my fist stereo version. It worked VERY well indeed.

However this will be my secondary amp and not my primary reference and will most likely be on small bookshelf speakers so it will loaf along at minimal power.

A true set of mono-blocs with that 300va transformer in each and these boards could VERY well be a reference amp...

Sorry but after building MANY chipamps, Mauro's amp smokes the pants off of them.. But then again it is NOT a chip amp, just as easy to build as one. :smash:

nvrgdenuf is in for 4 and maybe 8 depending on when the buy closes. I dont know if he prefers sooner or later. We will see.
Thanks nvrgdenuf.

bacood_2000 x2
warp_foo x2
Coreyk78 x2
SRMcGee x2
troystg x4
samsagaz x2
widman x2
billyk x2
korben69 x2
tube-arama x2
bandol83 x2
erikdebier x2
Joshua Adams x6
helfred x2
vglaso x2
Dxvideo x2
nvrgdenuf x4
Mindcrime x2
nvrgdenuf x4-x8
=============
48-52

Awesome!

Uriah

Hi,
Yeah I agree with Peter. I have no problem selling just boards AFTER we get enough orders for parts as well. The cost difference on boards will be minimal but the cost difference on NOT getting 100QTY for all parts will seriously effect the overall cost because so many price breaks are at 100kits.
I already have good pricing for pcbs. However, I just got a house that will give me black boards with gold plating for a good price. We will see at the end of the quote. I have some things to sort with them first but wouldnt that look GREAT!
Black boards Gold traces/pads :)
Of course right now we are talking green boards white silkscreen.
Uriah

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.