• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

My time at Hovland - HP-100 Lore

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bigun said:
Resistors are often a cut spiral in a coating on a former, so it has a direction, a right or left handedness to the spiral. So in a sense, the resistor has a 'direction'.
No, it has a 'handedness'. To reverse this you have to do a parity transformation. All you need for this is a magic mirror as everything on the other side of the mirror has opposite parity. How you get your interconnects through the undamaged mirror surface to your amp on the other side is still an unsolved problem in high energy physics.

No, it has a 'handedness'. To reverse this you have to do a parity transformation. All you need for this is a magic mirror as everything on the other side of the mirror has opposite parity. How you get your interconnects through the undamaged mirror surface to your amp on the other side is still an unsolved problem in high energy physics.

Actually, DF96, there is a solution to this problem: A rare,exotic and little known device called a ''tunnel diode''............Although implementation of this device will undoubtably net you a visit from homeland security.

I think the radio and resistor was some kind of dousing - the owner was bit into this.

Turning The Solomon Key : Dowsing

"A Study of Possible Mechanisms of Dowsing for Water

This research into the electro-magnetic causes of the dowsing response was part of the background work which helped me recognize the possibility that neurons in the human brain can receive radio waves, an idea I discuss in more detail in Turning the Solomon Key.

Robert Lomas"

Or it was interacting with a ferrite rod antenna inside the radio.

Resistors are often a cut spiral in a coating on a former, so it has a direction, a right or left handedness to the spiral. So in a sense, the resistor has a 'direction'.

Any more takers ?
Too old topic but... I have some box full of old telecom resistors, some from Siemens, and most of the carbon types have asymetric spiral cutting (ending too early at one side), but of course the inductance is same for both directions :p:D:) buuuuttt... maybe the RFI pick-up differs :spin::spin::D?!?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.