My Take on X-BOSOZ

Ok here is a pic of the board...

Attachments

• psu.jpg
    psu.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 737
Actually guy's i found the error SOME HOW i did it to both psu's I put the 75V zener on the neg rail witch did NOTHING at all and put the 24V on the positive rail. :( so in the end i blew up a pair of fets 2 resistors. Small price to pay. In any event i have posted a picture of the diodes. Please be extra careful people as it is a simple mistake.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Don't feel bad Jason. I just powered mine for a first listen and:

1)my trafo buzzes so much I can't believe it.
2)I wired my pot backwards.
3)The smoke was let out of one channel.
4) I'm sure if I kept it up I would've burned the house down:smash: .

Time to take a break and 'regroup myself'....I'm sure if I ponder for a couple of days it'll come to me. Boy I gotta get rid of that traffo though:)

eapavant said:
tuned for maximum smoke:)

Yep neighbor!

R5 literally blew up ('ahem' 221R). I think one or more of my fets were shorted to ground. D'oh! I'll return to it in a couple of days when the smoke subsides.

Edit: Thanks for the offer J. The trouble is, I'm one of those rotten stubborn people that refuses help until I'm totally desperate. I'm not there...yet.

mpmarino said:

Yep neighbor!

R5 literally blew up ('ahem' 221R). I think one or more of my fets were shorted to ground. D'oh! I'll return to it in a couple of days when the smoke subsides.

Edit: Thanks for the offer J. The trouble is, I'm one of those rotten stubborn people that refuses help until I'm totally desperate. I'm not there...yet.

R5 is the one that needs to be changed out to 10K. A few folks had a problem with that resistor running too hot.

Blessings, Terry

If you feed the preamp with abouth 0.5v and the power is the right voltage and you still dont get anything on the out not eaven som noise
if i connect it to my amp. The transistor are geting som kind of power beacuse the heatsink gets hot. It is the same thing on both the channels.

Do anyone have any idea what i can do to find the problem or what can be wrong.

I am very grateful for any kind of help.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Vigo

If your preamp is class A, the small heat sinks are always getting hot. It does not matter if any signal flows through the amp or not. It seems that the heart of the amp is working.

If there is no signal coming out of the amp at all, the input signal might be shorted to the ground somewhere around the input point or the output signal might be shorted to the ground somewhere around the output point. I think that these possibilities are to be checked up first.