My take on FAST With TB- 1139SI and PS95-8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I think that's wishful thinking there X. That TB driver is a great little unit but it eats watts for breakfast. I have only been able to use it with it's own amp. A standard 2 way is a tough go. Hatemii might need to consider a plate amp and bi-amp the system.

Are you saying the 84dB at 1watt spec is overly generous? 2.83v for 4ohm driver is 2 watts. 2 watts doesn't get 87dB is what you are saying then?

I did some measurements and EQ magic. This is what the response looks now. Measured with calibrated EMM6 at roughly 0.5m and centered at the Dayton.

Attachments

• Ecutettuna.jpg
    Ecutettuna.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 208
  • EQ daytonille.JPG
    EQ daytonille.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 207
That would work if the listening spot would be set. In my case it is not and I'm actually prety much on axis on the right speaker.

The fact that the treble is clear even to our kitchen which is 180deg off axis and partially behind a wall from the speakers tells something about the situation.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Nice!!! Must sound very very convincing with percussions.
:cheers:

Can you show the measured XO plot (LF, HF, combined)? 1.42ms is the Harsch XO delay is for 350Hz and assuming there is no acoustic centers offset between the woofer and tweeter. But that is typically 10mm to 25mm depending on how deep the basket and whether the VC is under or overhung. You may need to delay an additional 0.04 to 0.06ms. It's easy enough to try to see if the tweak can make the step response even better.

I will make some measurements tomorrow.

On some material it sounds ok now but with some different there is still something that is not right. It might be due to the large difference in the sensitivity of the drivers. I guess I will have to listen some more when I get time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.