My Previous DIY DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Merry Christmas to you all ! I'm a complete newbie here. I started to look for the components to build cdrom controller based on Jason Nunn's onhold r2 project, but my local electronic shop offered more than one types of Atmel AT89C51 chip : AT89C51-20PC, AT89C51-24PC, AT89C51-24PI, and AT89C51RC2-IM PLCC-44. Which one should I use ? Please advice. Thanks.

How annoying would that be.....

Congrats on the DAC, looks like a professional job! I made a ADC/DAC processor last year with analog devices chips and a xilinx XL4000 fpga. Took a while to debug but sounded great on the back of a small DJ mixer I made to go with it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi MCLL, I sent the pic you attached to some friends and they were shocked to see this really happens. When you have other pics of such practices please show them or mention the "brands" please.

Do you know Lelon, Luxon and CHHSI low ESR Ecaps ? Explode after some time even when used at a low voltage...

jean-paul said:
Hi MCLL, I sent the pic you attached to some friends and they were shocked to see this really happens. When you have other pics of such practices please show them or mention the "brands" please.

Do you know Lelon, Luxon and CHHSI low ESR Ecaps ? Explode after some time even when used at a low voltage...

Jean-paul:

that pic from other website, I just want share it to other diyer for take care to buy parts or component and I don't know what 'brands'...

cheers

lapda said:
MCLL :

the CD-Rom controller's PCB. And is it ok not to use the LCD ?
I've checked the link : www.ueno.no-ip.org/~tube-audio/DAC/atapi_ctl/, from your website. Have you tested this circuit too, MCLL ? Does it do autoplay and autorepeat ? Thanks.

lapda:

That Controller is work without LCD display. The orginal firmware of OnholdR2, It's include autoplay and autorepeat function and PCB may be post it in my website. BTW, I have no any idea of other player....

:) :) :)

cheers

lapda said:
MCLL :

Seems that there's no PCB layout at your website. I've checked your photo album at http://hk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/leo8597 but couldn't find it either. Or perhaps you'll upload it later to your website ? I've downloaded "on1.zip" file. Is "on1.hex" file the one which can be flashed directly to Atmel AT89C51 chip ? Thanks.

lapda:
I'm sorry about that may be upload later...(Forget Upload PCB File)

:whazzat: :whazzat: :whazzat:

Yes, using 'on1.hex' flashed directly to Atmel AT89C51 chip ('on1.a51' is source code)

BTW, Please help me to trial this version firmware, it may be have a little bug...:) :) :)

Hi Mdlover and MCLL,

Where can you buy the TDA1541A and CS8412 in Hong Kong? Is there any shop at Apliu Street ( do not know how to translate from Cantonese to English - this is my direct translation) that carries them and what are the prices. I know I can get them in Shenzhen but crossing LoWu is a pain. I know - I cross everyday for a year.

I lived in Hong Kong for a few years but is now based in Singapore. I am more familiar with HK than Singapore.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I know the shop. It has a good range but prices tends to be expensive. However, they are still cheaper than RS. The joke here in Singapore is that if you buy from RS, you are a Real Sucker. But honestly, RS do not excellent service, quality parts, and conveneint shopping. Thank god for them and Farnell.

Happy new year!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.