My OP-AMP rolling adventures

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Apologies, but I see no real balanced test process here, no qualified or similar cost parts to compare with, in this case the lowest standard "jellybean" part and an EBay "who knows what the hell it is" probable fake. Then the conclusion, I like the B' (which cost £70+ or so per pair).

There are so many decent to great IC OP Amps out there, many now designed specifically for audio, which can be bought from trusted sellers like Mouser and others for less that a third of that price. I'm skeptical as to the value of any "review" such as this.

Reactions: 1 user
I've had great luck with OPA1656, OPA1642, and OPA2132 in the Aiyima A07 and Fosi V3. The 4652/49720 op amps sounded bright to my ears, though I like them in other applications.

These are real parts, obtained from Mouser and Digikey. I soldered my own op amps onto Brown Dog adapters.
Cimarron sells pre-soldered Dip-8 adapters, though for more than the counterfeits found on Ebay or Aliexpress.

They are not so expensive that there is any reason to throw away money on dodgy parts.

Reactions: 1 user