my new BIB (again...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://www.zillaaudio.com/bib-calculator.htm

The link above should work.

Looking at the latest Stereophile cover and seeing a new $16K Dynaudio using their typical drivers, not even flush mounted, in a cabinet that basically looks like a typical tall rectangle from the front (but with some shaping on the back to reduce internal standing waves i suppose) and all the caps, coils and resistors in the path of OUR music spoiling it, all i can do is wonder why not just build BIBs? You get that fullrange magic, no crossover grunge, clean, fast bass, hi efficiency, easy load for the amp in basically the same shaped speaker as the $16k Dynaudio. Mine live happily in corners totally out of the way of the room and totally out of the way of the music.

Peace,
Godzilla

Regarding Dynaudio, it is one of the few manufacturers that making drivers intended for 1;st order filters. I have borrowed some models and also built with their drivers. In my opinion they are not bad but you must have powerful amplifiers to drive them.

My small Naim was ok for low listening but with a Rotel 1080 they sang beautiful. Think it was a 1.3SE I had at home for a while. Real good impact of drums on these....

Peter

nirvana said:
very fine speaker, far better than Audio Nirvana.

the bass is superb.

Claude-
I would hope they are better than the AN!
(Just got the prices here...)

For anybody watching, the 8" AudioNirvanas range from $118 to $178 per pair. The Supravox are $770/pr.

Askin Santa to drop a pair of Supravox down the chimney is futile at my age, I guess....

Merry Christmas, everybody.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.