My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a few points to summarise. I never once said the Seas is a bad driver. I actually do like it. However in isolation on an open baffle with no tweaks or EQ the AN 15 is clearly better. It at leasts meets everything I would hope that a FR driver should do.
In addition to that it is significantly more efficient which means more amp options open up to me
My goal was to try and build something that is close to 100dB/2.83V as possible and still be as good or better tham my other speakers.
I am listening to music again because of these speakers. So I am happy.

Nothing else to say really.
You guys can have hypothetical discussions on these woofers based on TS parameter which may or may NOT be even accurate. Go for it. I really don't care

Last edited:
i agree wholeheartedly and i think you are approaching things very sensibly.

i enjoy my 12" AN CF (even with the crappy 40 W tda2030-based amp until i complete the lm4780 one) so much that i am listening to music all the time i am at home. Everything, from Johann Johannsson's IBM 1401 to Ozric Tentacles and from IQ and Glass Hammer to All Shall Perish and Fleshgod Apocalypse (click on the two last links at your own discretion, don't say i didn't warn you). Everything sounds great.

except yanni. yanni still sounds like ****.

Melon,
Please continue. I am strongly considering these. It would be helpful if you would purchase the Sonido 8" and L'Cao 8" to compare to.:D I am an audiophool, so i buy into things like it sounds good over the Qts is not right, especially when the listener plays in a Jazz band. You may suck at playing:devilr:, but i imagine you have a pretty good idea of how things are supposed to sound. What happened to the Dumbotron? Did your brain cells overheat?

Melon,
Please continue. I am strongly considering these. It would be helpful if you would purchase the Sonido 8" and L'Cao 8" to compare to.:D I am an audiophool, so i buy into things like it sounds good over the Qts is not right, especially when the listener plays in a Jazz band. You may suck at playing:devilr:, but i imagine you have a pretty good idea of how things are supposed to sound. What happened to the Dumbotron? Did your brain cells overheat?

Ok. I suppose I have past the point of no return now. I will consider the L Cao and Sonido depending on cost
The Dumb O Tron will be finishec eventually, but all work halted when I got these new speakers. I have been spending all my free time listening to music now and playing with these speakers.

Last edited:
I hope to build a building out back for audio and other hobbies. I hope to have a false wall an the ability to go infinite baffle or at least BiB like. Truth is, if i get them, i will try it all. My father and brother are both pretty phenominal guitar players, so i have grown up listening to old Fender amps with their large dual 12" drivers. That weight and tone is hard to reproduce with small drivers.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Planet 10, the atmospheric pressure has been 1030 +/- 3 hPa. If you feel those atmospheric differences are significant I can include more detailed information

And temp & humidity. During the winter we have wild swings in all 3 of these parameters, and the same driver, in the same condition can vary 5 hz in Fs from 1 day to the next.

dave

I built an Mini AJ for a friend and it was the first time I got to hear it since building my first amps, which where AJ monoblocks. They are not my favorite down low, although good, but the midrange and top end is as good as any I have heard. You cant go wrong with them and i think MH has given an excellent recommendation. I can see them working very well with large FR drivers.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have honestly nad enough of this bull sh1t. This was a complete waste of my time sharing my EXPERIENCE with these drivers

ya sure ?

don't be grumpy

Attachments

• w00t.gif
    w00t.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 173
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.