My NAD C515BEE is finished.............

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's my problem, I get the iron out and change alot at once.

lol! I was like that too. Learn't the hard way!

Alot of people throw loads of low ESR cap's at their gear which is fine in principle. You can get some improvement in the treble and overall clarity. In my experience its made the gear sound too 'toppy'. It does improve detail and treble but needs balancing or you end up with a sterile over analytical sound lacking in bass. No balance to the sound.

lol! I was like that too. Learn't the hard way!

Alot of people throw loads of low ESR cap's at their gear which is fine in principle. You can get some improvement in the treble and overall clarity. Im my experience its made the gear sound too 'toppy' It does improve detail and treble but needs balancing or you end up with a sterile over analytical sound.

Exactly, think I've funked up.EDIT Could you guide me?

Last edited:
Exactly, think I've funked up.EDIT Could you guide me?

I'll do my best. :)

If you feel the sound is worse that before you can revert each mod one at a time. You may reach a point whee you become hapy with the sound. Or, you may take it back to standard. Then you can begin again one thing at a time.

Or go back one mod at a time to a stage where you were happy with the sound. That will indicate the problem hopefully. Itll be the last mod you reversed.

On the other hand it may be something obvious which can be remedied quickly.

Lets have a list of the changes.

I'll do my best. :)

If you feel the sound is worse that before you can revert each mod one at a time. You may reach a point whee you become hapy with the sound. Or, you may take it back to standard. Then you can begin again one thing at a time.

Or go back one mod at a time to a stage where you were happy with the sound. That will indicate the problem hopefully. Itll be the last mod you reversed.

On the other hand it may be something obvious which can be remedied quickly.

Lets have a list of the changes.
Thanks for your interest and help. I'll collate a list tomorrow if that's ok with you as I really need some kip. Up in 4 hours, oops. Time flies etc etc

It's too bright.......

I'm guessing it's my fault being a newbie thinking I had to replace every single cap to make it 'better'. The first to be replaced were by Brent at Audio Upgrades which were oscons for the dac and digital rail, panasonic FCs for the digital and analogue psu's and rubycon ZA's for the output.

Then I changed every single other cap for Rubycon ZA's. Were they a bad choice? I've heard someone say they're too clinical? anyone agree? Is that why it's too bright????

It could be the amp (lil c315bee) though, I changed the main caps for Mundorf M Si's and every other larger cap for Panasonic FC's and smaller for ruby ZA's.

The overal output is much more detailed but top heavy. Any suggestions??

x=cd, y=amp

Attachments

• x01.jpg
    x01.jpg
    675.3 KB · Views: 142
  • x02.jpg
    x02.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 140
  • x03.jpg
    x03.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 135
  • x04.jpg
    x04.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 133
  • x05.jpg
    x05.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 129
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.