My LM386 Speaks "D" ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This maybe what is happening in my K1410 which has different rise/fall times

Besides: connect the 1 and 8 pin to get more gain, that makes a better comparator.

I had once thought of use LM386, but gave up this idea for it's too small.

Also considered LM301 (without internal frequency compensation), but it's too hard to get.
sychen0301 said:
As to class-d, the slow rise/fall of switching speed creates non-linear transformation when PWM pulses are narrow. As a result, lower side gets clipped earlier then high side.

By altering the knee points of the non-linear transform, the sound of tube amp can be simulated. I know this is controversial, but I would like to give a hi-tech nick name to the tube amp ¡§Asymmetric Dynamic range Soft Limiter¡¨, ADSL in short.

Regards

Chen

Kenshin:

NI HOW !

I like your K1410. It is neat and simple. What is the freerun frequency it switches.

You are absolutely right about connecting p1-p8. I did try once and find no noticeable difference so I was lazy to wire it up again.

Is this K1410 your one-shot project or you have future plans on class-d. Since I am thinking of withdraw from the class-d. There is a small voice keeps on asking me ¡§Are you going to build a precision ADC+DAC capable of driving hundreds of watt and to run it at radio frequency, at home ? Are you able to do that ?¡¨

But I enjoy playing with this small LM386 for the past week.

Have fun DIY!

Regards,

Chen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.