My latest concept

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Diffraction

kingdaddy said:

Don’t worry, there is no diffraction when the baffle is the same size as the driver frame. The link that was posted regards a cylinder with a smaller driver in the middle, which is bad for diffraction. As far as baffle step, I have never had a response to many threads asking this question, no one seems to know how to account for baffle step on a baffle-less design, my guess is that its not necessary in this case, at least my measurements and listening support this.
Huh? The diaphragm itself would serve as a baffle in that case.

Yeah,

On baffle-less designs, the driver is the baffle. Baffle step, with small drivers, occurrs at a relatively high frequency so that it sounds like a midrange bump instread of a 3dB bass drop.

In my critique of my KatKit, this is what I hear, and someone actually described the science to me, confirming what I hear.

So I have nice warm lows and mids, some honkiness in the upper mids, and nice bright highs. In my case, it's a liveable compromise.

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.